Hive No.1 Dual Lifting Crème is the next step in the lifting process after the lashes or brows have been bonded.
Step 1 – Lash Lift
The Hive No.1 Dual Lifting creme is applied from the lash base to a maximum of ½ way up the lashes. This stage creates a chemical process that breaks down each lash’s bonds, allowing them to mould into a new shape.
After removal, Hive No.1 Dual Lifting Crème must be followed by step 2 treatment lotion.
Step 1 – Brow Lamination
The professional Hive No.1 Dual Lifting Crème is the next step in the lamination process after the brow hair has been set in the right direction using the bonding serum. The No1 Dual Lifting Crème is applied from the base of the brows up to near the tip.
After removal, Hive No.1 Dual Lifting Crèmemust be followed by step 2 treatment lotion.
- Fast processing times
- One box contains 10 x 1.5ml sachets, seal using 3M Micropore Tape, making this economical to use.
- Enriched with Biotin to strengthen the keratin bonds and Cocoa Butter for its conditioning properties
- Made in the UK
- For professional use only.
Always keep your timings low when doing the treatment for the first time on a client. If you feel after the treatment, the lashes/brows may need another minute, jot it down on the record card for the next time. You can re-lift 48 hours after initial treatment if you need to, but your timings would need to reduce.
- Purchase 2 digital timers.
- Start the first timer just before applying Hive No1 Dual Lifting Crème to the first eye.
- Leave 2 mins and start 2nd timer just before applying to 2nd eye.
Processing time for lash lift:
- Very fine lashes 4-5 minutes
- Fine or tinted lashes 5-6 minutes
- Natural healthy lashes 6-8 minutes
- Course healthy lashes 8-10 minutes
Processing time for brow lamination:
- Very fine brows – 3 – 4 mins
- Fine or tinted brows – 4 – 5 minutes
- Natural healthy brows – 5 – 6 minutes
- Course healthy brows – 6 – 7 minutes
Hair texture varies from individual to individual, and the lashes/brows can have different textures in different areas, so you must assess the hair and ensure you stagger your timings for Hive No1 Dual Lifting Crème according to the thickness and condition.
Lash Lift Aftercare
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid rubbing the eyes.
- Avoid putting contact lenses back in for the rest of the day.
- No swimming/sauna for 48 hours.
- Keep lashes dry for 48 hours.
- Use a lash conditioner daily.
- Avoid steam for 48 hours.
- Comb the lashes upwards using the mascara wand
- Sleep on your back the night of treatment
- Avoid the gym for 48 hours.
- No spray tan for 48 hours
Brow Lamination Aftercare
- Do not apply make-up to the brows for 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming/sauna for 48 hours.
- Keep brows dry for 48 hours.
- Use a brow conditioner daily.
- Avoid the temptation to over touch the brow area after treatment. Do not allow prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat, the use of sunbeds, saunas, steam rooms, and swimming pools.
- Do not apply Retin-A, AHA, or exfoliate around the brow area for three days on either side of the treatment.
- You should use no self-tanning products on the face for 48 hours on either side of the treatment.
- Sleep on your back the first night after treatment
Above is the regular aftercare information we recommend; in addition to this, it is beneficial to give further information that is specific for each client. A full consultation must be given before the treatment to ensure you know the client’s lifestyle and advise them of any additional information.
Conditioning Serum can be sold on to clients to use as aftercare.
Is a patch test necessary?
Very few people react to the lash lift/brow lamination products, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. What one person reacts to, another doesn’t. A patch test is quick and straightforward and should be carried out a minimum of 48 hours before the treatment date. The result from the test will be either “reaction” or “no reaction.” A “reaction” is irritation, swelling, or inflammation of the skin. If this occurs, you must not proceed with the treatment. “No reaction” produces no skin reaction, and you can proceed with the treatment. You must record the results of the client’s record card.
- Clean an area of skin on the client’s inner arm
- Place a dab of each of the three treatment products and bonder onto the client’s inner arm, just below the elbow, and apply micropore tape. Record placement on the client record card.